Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We've got him!!!!!




Well the happy news is that we have a happy baby!! He is all we could have hoped for and more! We flew in to Wuhan on Monday after a LONG, LONG day traveling from Hong Kong. It was almost like my favorite movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" because we hit them all! When we arrived in Wuhan it was hot and humid and there are buildings and traffic and smog and smoke everywhere. I'll write more on all that later...I know NOW you want to know about the most important thing...Graham!


We didn't get him until 3:30 Tuesday afternoon...but when we did - he blew us away. I'm just going to put my favorite pictures up so you can see the little darling. He's about 20lbs, with 4 teeth on top, 2 on bottom, he's teething-I think on the bottom, he's got this quiet, sweet, happy disposition - just like his Dad. Oh, and he has a scraped nose because Monday night he was in a hurry to get somewhere, and fell and got himself a nice "owie"...it's already scabbed up, and most likely will be gone before we get home! :)



When they brought him in, (the people from the orphanage in Chongyang), he was quiet and just observed everything for a while. He then went to me, was enthralled with Amelia, and then went to Tom. He was just a little sport! He took everything in, and within about 20 minutes was "playing" with Amelia and almost laughing.



Thankfully we were able to ask lots of questions from the people who brought him, Orphanage Director and the 2 ladies in charge of the children, and they filled us in on his habits.



Here's the amazing part. His cleft challenge is very minor...he eats and drinks totally normally! We thank the Lord for this wonderful news. He will still need surgery, but it does not look severe, and it's not affecting him at all now!



They gave us gifts for Graham and we gave them their gifts, and arranged to go visit the city and the orphanage tomorrow (Thursday). It's about a 3-hour drive one way from Wuhan, so I'm sure it will be a full day - but we are eager to go and see where he has been living.



The other interesting thing is that at that orphanage, the workers take the kids home with them at night! So he had interraction with the other children all day long, and then was with a family at night. We are hoping we will meet them tomorrow as well.



Graham slept well, I'm trying to remember how to do the whole "baby" thing, and Tom is the big hit once again. Graham wants Tom to comfort him when he's tired or hungry! I'm just laughing this time because at least he's not rejecting me like Amelia did!



He's a little joker and seems to love to play. Amelia has had ups and downs...which I think is normal - but it's irritating! :) I'm sure she'll acclimate as the days go on.



One other note -- I can't see the blog from China, so I'm writing this and then my sweet Mother is posting it for us in the US...thus the delay. So I'll read all your delightful comments when we get to Hong Kong, and in the meantime, if you want to email us directly, our yahoo is working great. christylargent@yahoo.com will get to us.



Thanks for your prayers - we can feel them! We're very happy and blessed - and as of this morning he's officially ours!


Much love,

Christy, Tom, Amelia and Graham!

No comments: