Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We have Graham!



Christy's second email! I shall attempt to post photos. I see them so hope the rest of you do too!! Rest easy! That is just a scab on his sweet little nose from a fall on the carpet the day they got him!!
For those of you who are unaware, I went to China with Christy and Tom to get Amelia and she would not allow Christy nor me to hold her for several days - which seemed like an eternity! Subsequently, needless to say, she has made up for lost time:)
Audy

We have GRAHAM!!

He's the sweetest, most easy-going, sweet tempered, fun, happy baby ever! I'm tearing up as I write this because it's been the most wonderful day!! He came to us with no tears, just curiosity, and within the hour was laughing. Amelia has been wonderful...she makes him laugh and you can tell he is really loving having her here. And she has really had fun playing with him...even to the point of dropping him on his head (I'm not kidding) as she tried to carry him from bed to bed...and thankfully Tom got it all on tape - she cried like a nutcase, and he didn't even whimper...he's a BOY! It's fun already. Graham is a lot like Tom!!!

The most amazing news is that his cleft is very minor!!. He eats and drinks from all "normal" things. Bottle, sippy cup etc...You don't really even know he has it...I'll be curious to hear what Dr. Hu says about it. You can hardly see it when you turn him upside down and tickle him and look in his mouth with a flashlight...it's very narrow. Thanks be to God!!!!!!!!!

We met the director of his orphanage along with the 2 senior workers. They brought pictures of Graham from this past year, and we were able to ask them lots of questions. They were very nice and very loving. Apparently, he was in the orphanage in the day, and then every night, he went home with one of the workers. We are going to Chongyang, to see his orphanage on Thursday, so hopefully we'll get to meet the person who fostered him all these months. Another answer to prayers! They also brought food for him, his favorite things, and his bottle and formula...and the finding ad they ran. Also, a gift for him from them. It was wonderful to meet them!

I'm enjoying it all. I've forgotten how to do this, and all I could think is that I want my Mother here to help me! She always knows what to do!!! I miss you Mother and wish you were here more than anything to experience this with us...he's the opposite of Amelia in the way he came to us...it's night and day, and I just thank God He's giving me this experience too. I wish you were here getting this happy experience with us.

I'll work on the blog tomorrow when I have time, but I wanted to get this news and pictures out to you right away...on the blog...I can write it, and save it, but I can't publish it or see it. So, Mother or Dad, whichever of you are willing to go to the site, and I'll tell you how, you will just need to click on publish the blog, and then everyone will see it...let me know if one of you will do this for me.

Tomorrow morning we go back to the Civil Affairs office to sign all the paperwork, and then he's ours!! It's exciting!

I love you all, and can't wait for you to meet our new darling...this is like a dream come true!
Christy :)


9 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Oh Christy,

I've been anxiously checking for updates...so glad to know it's Blogger that is giving you fits, not Graham!

He is gorgeous! Even with a banged up nose, he's a beautiful boy.

Looking forward to many more updates!

Congratulations to the four of you, on becoming a family yesterday!

Dean Wm. Taylor said...

Hi Tom
my first impression - the kid has a mile wide smile
DWT

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Graham looks so happy. Tom will need more arm strength because he is going to carry both Amelia and Graham.

Ava Baby said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable, as is big sister Amelia.

Mary said...

Hi, Christy. Your name is familiar (from yahoo groups, I am sure). I came to your site via RQ. Congrats on your little man...he is too cute! Praise God that his cleft is seemingly a Degree I...great news!
Our 1st from China (adopted 6/05) is from Fuling SWI, Chongqing and our 2nd from China (also a WC...adopted 6/07) is from Xiaonan SWI, Xiaogan, Hubei! Small world that both of our kiddos are from the same provinces! At any rate, last summer we stayed at the White Rose there in Wuhan. If you go down the street in the opposite direction of Carre Fore, there are two department stores. One is on the left hand side of the street (smaller) and one is on the right. The one on the right has a large children's play area located at the back of the Children's Department...toys, balls, etc. It is about $2 for unlimited play, and our daughter LOVED it! You can visit our website at http://rodin.redthreadkids.org (click on China Journey to Sophie) to see a photo of the front of the store so that you can identify it. The hotel can help you get there via cab if you prefer. There was also a very nice and enjoyable restaurant located near this department store (people were lining up for dinner. It is on our website as well.
Have a wonderful time while in China...savor every moment!
Mary Rodin - in Florida

Unknown said...

Dear Christy and Tom,
I am so excited and happy for you!!!!! It is so fun to hear about all you are doing and that your new little guy is giving you such joy already. Treasure your moments with him and Amelia there in the country from which they came.
Lots of love and prayers.
Lorelei

Theresa Flynn Gasman said...

Christy, Tom and Amelia - I LOVE Graham's smile! You can just feel the the joy of your whole experience by looking at his face. You are truly blessed with two of the most beautiful and special children. We look forward to meeting him when you return.

Love and prayers for a safe journey,
Theresa

Nikki said...

He is adorable- congratulations!!

Ron Largent said...

Christy...we are having a very entertaining time between the e-mails, the blogs, etc....Audy is hard at it and getting it down....keep up the posting, etc...we just opened the blog a few minutes ago, saw 3 photos, then they were gone...etc.
This technology is great. Had the photos or Graham and then of the 3 of them in the office today...alot of fun comments by all. love, Dad